Wednesday 24 February 2010

Podcasts - the spoken word

Podcasts

These, like BBC i-player, are great devices for the busy modern lifestyle. You can easily watch that programme that you missed on i-player or have the Podcast sent to your chosen location (in this case Google reader). The Podcast explaining Podcasts (given in the "23" instructions), was clear, if a little simplistic.

These Podcasts further contribute to the current culture of personal convenience and accessibility that Web 2.0 fosters.

I subscribed to A History of the World in 100 objects (Radio 4), that friends have recommended. Thanks to the project for informing me of these possibilities. If this encourages people to listen to the radio, it's great too.

I easily found things to subscribe to on the BBC link, rather than the other two (some dodgy things to avoid on there).

I will think about possible work uses of Podcasts. I didn't know Channels were on there. I looked at a few lectures from Berkeley. I wonder how many donate money to help support the broadcasting costs? It's certainly democratic to make them so freely available. Does anyone know the rules on adding videos you like to YouTube and Facebook - are there copyright issues to be careful of?

No comments:

Post a Comment